On December 14 a man entered Sandy Hook elementary in Newtown, CT armed with a gun. He shot and killed 26 people 20 of them where children ages 6 and 7 in a first grade classroom.
This event leaves me heart broken. Oh how my heart aches for the families that are not able to hug their little ones because of senseless act of violence. My heart aches for the children that have lost their innocence far too early. But over the weekend more than sorrow fills my heart, in my heart start to feel a conviction that evil shall not prevail. Sandy Hook Elementary can not define the goodness of humanity. The truth is that we are at the mercy of many horrible possibilities everyday, but everyday I choose to go out and make it a wonderful day. I choose to bring the world light and goodness rather then hide in the comfort of my home. So every time there is a tragedy I should make more of an effort to fill the world with good. Be kinder to my neighbors, smile at those I meet, show more love.
There is nothing I can do to bring back those lives that were lost. I can only offer my thoughts and prayers that families will find some comfort in their sorrow. However I did see that the the PTSA is asking for donations of snow flakes
Here is their statement
Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514
This is something that we can do. This is something that will bring joy in such darkness.
2 comments:
What a great idea Laura. Thanks for posting this.
Yup, you said it perfectly.
Post a Comment