Here are just a few things that we have done the past week to get into the holiday spirit. We tried to make personalized mugs with sharpie markers. The idea has been floating around the blog world and pinterest. I had my speculations it didn't really make sense that it would work but I was tired of the kids fighting over the one snowman mug we have so it was worth a try. I was right it didn't work but we had fun trying and the kids each have their own mug now but their cute drawings have all washed off.
I never really liked my Christmas tree or the ornaments that we have for it so why not try salt dough ornaments. Max was my only kid that was really into it. He was their every step of the way from the making of the dough to painting and hanging them. I love to see him engaged in a quite activity.
The tree finally was put up this last weekend. I really hope this is the year for some great after Christmas deals. I would really love some new decor.
Lilly's chorus concert was last night. I'm so glad that she is able to participate and be dedicated to such a fun program.
Happy preschool day. My sweeties debuted our version of the folk tale The Mitten.
Today I made some preparations for my preschool party. Can you guess what we will be doing?
Lastly I deiced a last year that seeing Santa didn't have to be on our to do list for the holidays. My kids don't really mind they don't want to see him either. They are confident that I have a pretty good relationship with Santa so I can relay anything on their wish list. Well this year Luke is really into Christmas and Santa so I was feeling like I should give Luke a chance to meet the guy in the red suit. After school today we went Bass Pro Shop to meet him, a 2 hour wait. No thanks. The kids got on the carousel for about 30 seconds and then there was a big pop, bang and that was it. The carousel broke. No one was upset because we got to see the big fish and ride the elevator, every one was happy and then we went home.







1 comment:
Yeah, every year I remind myself to go to bass pro EARLIER in the month. We went on the 13th and still had to wait 20 minutes. It's a fun store even if the carousel broke. :)
Post a Comment