Today was our LAST DAY OF SUMMER BACK TO SCHOOL BASH. I love all of them but this one in particular had me thinking a lot. All my 3 littles are going to be in school. This is the only year that they will all be in the same school. Lilly and Max will be grown up and in college before I know it. All the sudden my littles have become bigs. And my Luke will leave my side. I can't help to think have I done my best? did I teach them well? In my heart I know they will do great they are ready to go but, I will miss them so. This chapter of life is gone and it is on to the next which will be full of excitement and adventure. Tomorrow when they leave, my arms will be a little empty, the house will be too quite and will miss my babies.
Well now that the sappy stuff is out of the way lets talk about our long standing end of summer bash. first off we start with a breakfast kidnapping. Destination: Krispy Kream doughnuts. Everyone picked out the one they wanted and enjoyed every last bite,
Next we hit up the store for some last minute school supplies that we had missed. We came home and did some picking up and preparing for school. You know like picking out outfits, making sure the clothes we wanted to wear where clean, find our tennis shoes and get things into our backpacks. Success. Next up we his the pool for a few hours, playing the match game, jumping contest, races handstands and a family selfie. The sun was in our eyes, could you tell?
Lunch had to be special so we picked up are very special Little Cesar's pizza and loved it all. We had some down time so we popped in a family movie. Movie watching is a favorite Modrell past time. The big surprise of the day was a visit to the trampoline park. It really is such a fun place and loved jumping around for an hour. They are all hot a sweaty and ready to sleep well.
When we got home we got dinner ready and eaten and then it was time for bedtime routine. Lilly got her lunch made. Kevin gave them all a Father's blessing tonight. I'm so grateful that he is able to do that for them. I know it makes a difference in how they start the school year. The kids got showered and they we read from Where the Red Fern Grows, scriptures and prayers and now they are all tucked in. As I sat down to blog I could hear Max giving Luke pointers about kindergarten. His advice tonight was "Luke you can't tell jokes" Yes we are all a little worried that he will be his funny self tomorrow but I think it will take a few days to warm up. Until next summer, we love you.
Next we hit up the store for some last minute school supplies that we had missed. We came home and did some picking up and preparing for school. You know like picking out outfits, making sure the clothes we wanted to wear where clean, find our tennis shoes and get things into our backpacks. Success. Next up we his the pool for a few hours, playing the match game, jumping contest, races handstands and a family selfie. The sun was in our eyes, could you tell?




1 comment:
The perfect day. I love that they jumped to tire themselves out. And I laughed at Max's advice. So awesome and true. You have great kids, and you are a great mom!
Post a Comment