Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

July Little Things

Our little adventures in July.  John and Shannyn invited us up for a little 4th of July party. I love my brother and sister in-law they are always so fun.


 Nana made these two blankets for their 5th birthday.  They are too silly and will never smile and pose on cue.

Nana and Papa came out to visit for a long while and we had a great time.  We went to this trampoline park that was oh so fun. Because of the low light I wasn't able to get a clear picture but you can tell that they didn't stop moving and had a great time.



 Lilly participated in the summer Broadway youth summer choir again. She loves it. They always pick great songs and have a fun program. We were so happy to have Nana and Papa here for her performance.


The next morning my parents took the kiddos back to California to stay for a week.  So the kids  got to play and be spoiled Kevin and I were on a week long date without the littles.  I missed the kids like crazy but it was so fun to be with Kevin.  We went to an art museum that was interesting and not in the good way, MetaModern art, not a fan, but they did have really cool chairs and mural. 


After a week of fun it was time to pick up the kids and enjoy some great weather in CA. We went night swimming and pretty much swimming all day.


 We made it to the beach so soak in the sun, sand, and surf.


Luke fell in love with the seaweed I suppose he was impressed by the size and tried to pick up as much of it as her could.

And then after the dreamy weather in CA we still had a few more days of summer to soak in. I caught the kids playing a game of candy land and all getting along.

 Max finally finally found a book that he liked to read. He read it cover to cover and asked to read the next books in the series.

 Our sweet neighbors had us over for summer swimming.  Luke was pretty impressed with his jumping abilities and would jump over and over.

Lilly put together and taught a cooking class for young kids.  She did a really good job. She advertised, planed and taught. I helped, but she really did a lot of the work on her own. The lessons for the 3 days were Making Pizza, Cake in a jar and Pasta Salad.  She called her class Mixing Magic. Each day the kids cooked something, did a craft or two and read a book. The best part is that she earned her money for science camp this year. So proud of her.


And there you go. That puts us right up to the end of summer and the start of a new school year.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Way to go on that cooking class, Lilly! I had no idea that you guys pulled it off. So awesome. You are the coolest mom.