I have been really down on myself the past week. No motivation to get things done and when I don't get anything done then I feel even worse. So I just have to snap out of it. The ironic thing of all this is I'm reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin about how to be happy. I really like the book but instead of motivating me to find more happiness in my already happy, good life, I find that I just get overwhelmed with all that I could be doing and feel like I'm falling short. The best thing I can do is be happy and excited for what I did get done because that is progress.
No sugar until Valentines day. I did it. Now I'm back to sugar and love it. Still at good weight. And I'm still exercising.
February project 12 on 12 check
Read a book The 5 Love Languages (When the goal was to read a novel I meant a book)
Family service project. We sent letters and a small package to missionaries for Valentine's day.
I realized that if I don't start really planing out the rest of my goals they will not happen. So I have to come up with a game plan this month when I will accomplish them.
2 comments:
Good for you and accomplishing some goals. I know about the lack of motivation which then brings about the bummer feelings. No fun. But look at how much you have accomplished so far. Two months down--ten more to go! :D
I hear you, I find that when I read a book that's "supposed" to help me, it ends up making me feel worse about myself. Take the 5 Love Languages, I felt like a terrible person for days after reading that one-like I've been doing everything wrong all these years.
But we have to remember, these are just one person's view/perspective-tools to be used in our own ways, in our own lives.
Post a Comment