Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Living for the Weekend

It was a busy week. Well I guess just the normal but it seems when you have a 4 day work week it always goes by the slowest and busiest. I guess it is because I have less days to get the same things done.  Just to recap this week.
Lilly: worked on her Civil war project (almost done) and piano lessons. 
Max: was super hard to get out of bed on Tuesday, it wasn't pretty. I did some thinking and I worked out an awesome deal with Max this week. If he gets up happy and is not late for school then he earns 20 min computer time. For the rest of the week he did great, problem solved.
Luke: got his hair cut and has been my big helper in the afternoons. 
Kevin: work, elders quorum meeting and the gym.
Me: preschool, mom, dinner, run,  blah blah blah. I'm not saying that it is bad I'm just saying it is very routine. Taking a break from our normal was welcomed, we had a nice weekend.  
I totally forgot about taking a picture of my kids last week and I only remembered to take a picture of my kids on Friday of this week. With Saturday as my option. I wanted to take a picture of the kids watching TV. Really their favorite pastime on Saturday morning.

I headed out to our stake Women Conference for some spiritual upliftment.  When I got home Lilly and Kevin were out the door for their Daddy Daughter Activity.  Lilly was so stink'n excited.  Kevin told me later that she tried to extend their date by suggesting a movie and dinner.  That's my girl.  While they were gone I watched the littles of 2 of my friends. We had a houseful of 7 kids in total. They all played very well and no conflicts. Oh it is so much easier to have big kids over to play rather than watching babies.  I can handle this.
On a whim we decided to go for a treat and try "Culvers"  The boys were so tired from their day that they fell asleep on the way over. 
Culvers was okay nothing fancy just another burger joint with ice cream. It was fun to be with the family and have ice cream so no complaining here.  At Lilly's and Kevin's activity today they learned about geocashing. Kevin was instantly hooked, so after dinner he took us on a little hunt.  Success!


2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm so excited that your family has caught the geocaching bug!!! And Michael is sitting on my lap right now and pointing at the screen trying so hard to say LUKE. i love it!

Julie said...

Geocaching is the BEST!