I don't have pictures from the rest of the days we spent in California. Sometimes I just want to be in the moment with family as we are visiting and not always trying to document it. Thursday was one of my favorite days. Kevin took the kids to play with cousins and his family and I got to hang out all day with my dad. My dad and I surprised my mom at work and took her out to lunch. While we were over there I wanted to stop by a market that sells amazing pita bread. Then we headed over to Ikea for some containers and sheets. I treated my dad to an Ikea ice cream cone and we just enjoyed the time we spent together.
Then I headed over to Kevin's parents house to hang out with them for a bit. We talked and talked about a family vacation that we are all going to take. The ideas ranging from a cruse, to house boat on Powell, to Yellowstone to Yosemite. Who knows if we will ever decide.
We then headed back to my parents house. We went and picked up Porto's Bakery for dinner because Lilly liked it so much last time. How could I say no.
I can't remember now when we decided to stay yet another day but we did. Thursday we went to see a movie and the kids played basketball or dribble ball for hours in the backyard. We got to have another dinner with family and then packed up and left Friday morning. We got home in time to fill our empty cupboards and do a few chores before Monday came around again.
1 comment:
I am like you and have days where I don't document things. Sometimes it's a nice change.
Post a Comment