On Wednesday morning Kevin called at 6:15 in the morning to relate the awful news that my dear friend's youngest son had passed away in the early morning hours. I sobbed, my heart physically ached. I felt so much sorrow for my friend, for his siblings and father that he left behind on this earth. The days following were hard, and lots more tears. I really surprised myself how deeply this news rocked my world and how much sorrow I was feeling and knowing that I could never possibly know the exact pain the family was going through.
Many thoughts came to mind of my own experience with death when loosing my own brother when I was 11. He died at the age of 7. My heart aches for his brothers and sister that will miss him dearly. At his memorial service on Saturday I was touched so deeply by his parents who both spoke and did nothing but give thanks to the Lord for the time they were given with their son. I feel so privileged to be apart of such a sacred and intimate meeting. The truth is that they are an eternal family. They will be together again as a family because we have a loving Father in Heaven who designed a plan of happiness for us.
Time stops for no one, it doesn't seem fair that all of us will have to move past this, but onward we go with hope and joy that Lord loves us and will always know what is best for us.
I found this picture of Max and Isaac from last spring playing at the park. He was a joy to be around, he had a contagious smile and was always so happy.

5 comments:
I'm so sorry, Laura. Thank heavens for the temple.
I am in awe of their powerful strength and testimonies even in the midst of their trials. What an example to us all!
The funeral service was such a spiritual experience. It is amazing the heavenly father can send us so much peace and joy in times of such sadness.
sooo heartbreaking! So glad for the gospel to give us peace in these hard moments.
What a great picture of Isaac and Max. He looks so much like Amy doesn't he? Loved this post Laura. I had no idea you lost a brother. How was that as a child? I'm wondering how the other kids will cope. I'm not too worried though since Amy and Tom are great parents.
Post a Comment