Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Remember Today

Today was the last of our Christmas break.  I wanted to enjoy the day and enjoy my children.  So off we went to play with the cousins at Max's request.  We made a quick stop at Sprouts for our weekly produce and then back home.  Lilly had requested that we have a treasure hunt.  I wrote out a dozen clues hid them, and sent them on their way to find the precious treasure of a handfull of M&M's.  When Luke woke up from his nap we headed out for a bike ride in this amazing weather.  We were out for almost 3 hours.  We road to the church parking lot and found some friends there.  Max showed me how he can pop a wheelie.  Then we picked up a friend and went for a ride around the neighborhood and brought him back to his house.  We played there for awhile and then came home to start dinner. 
On the way home my kids said that this was such a fun day.  They got to do somthing that made them so happy and as simple as go on a treasure hunt or ride bikes.  There was no TV or Wii today, it was just us. 
I have been thinking about goals to set for myself this year and I came across someone's blog who said that they wanted to say "YES" to there children more.  Sadly I think I have become a mother that loves to say "NO", because it's past bedtime or I have laundry to fold or it will make a mess.  So today I sad "YES" and everything turned out perfect.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Where's the "like" button?! :)

Mandy said...

I'm glad I read this first thing this morning. I turned today into a YES day, and it was so fun! But it's back to the mean mom who has a chore list tomorrow. :)