Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Making a Sandwich

Today was a going to be a busy day. I had errands to run for a baby shower that I'm giving tomorrow. I knew Max wouldn't be in the mood but he never is so it takes twice as long to get somewhere. It was lunch time and I was hungry. I always try to get my kids lunch first so I can attempt to sit and eat my lunch. I asked Max 3 times what would he like to eat I either got no answer or I'm thinking. The forth time I asked I said, tell me now or you will have to wait until I'm done with my lunch. No answer. I sit down and start to eat my lunch. Right after I take a second bite Max says "Mom, I want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich". "I'm glad you decided I will be happy to help you when I am done with my lunch" I answer back. Well Max gets mad throws something across the room and starts yelling at me. So I let him know because of his behavior he will now have to make his own sandwich. I get out the stuff and leave the kitchen. There was more yelling and crying and then it gets quite. 5 minutes later Max comes to the stairs "look mom I made my own sandwich". Mission accomplished 1 I followed through and 2 he learned to make a sandwich by himself. I go back down to the kitchen to put away the stuff and I find this.


He put the lids back on the jam and peanut butter and cut off his own crust. I think he used about 4 other pieces of bread before he got his sandwich the way he wanted.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Way to hold the line Laura! He was so proud of himself and he really didn't make too much of a mess.

dkw said...

Ah ha ha! I love your family!

Mandy said...

That is AWESOME. Good job, Max. :)