Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Break for Who?

I must admit I was not really looking forward to this fall break because that would give me 3 kids at home with nothing to do. It's not that they fight so much it's that they have learned to tease and get really really silly and that when things go bad. So together we planed some fun things to do.

Monday was Halloween day. We went to Wal Mart to pick out pumpkins. I know how can I let my kids miss out on the joy of picking a pumpkin in a pumpkin patch. I can't beat the price at Wal mart and they still get to choose their own pumpkin. So everyone is happy.

Then we came home and decorated them. I persuaded the kids to decorated them with paint and a stencil. If they want to carve them closer to Halloween I will probably let them. I think they turned out pretty cute and no pumpkin guts today. To continue the Halloween spirit Lilly made a spider and we made ghosts out of cheese cloth and glue. All around it was a pretty good day with minimal time outs.

Tuesday we made it movie day. We planned to see Toy Story 3 at the dollar theater. Little did I know that everyone in this town planed the same thing. I think it was so busy b/c on Tuesday the dollar movie is really a dollar and not 2 dollars like on other days. We didn't get to see Toy Story or Nanny McPhee (our second choice) but settled for Cats and Dogs. Let's just say that I'm glad I only paid $3 for us to go. Lilly and Max liked the movie so that is all that I really cared about. Luke was pretty good. I hoped that he would sleep during the movie but that didn't happen. I was able to stand in the back and hold him when he got fussy making movie day a success.
So far I have enjoyed the kids and I have discovered the beauty of Quiet time. I never used quite time before b/c we never really needed it, but now making them spend some time away from each other is really helpful and makes everyone happy.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

so fun. i want to cry at how good of a mom you are. promise me that i'll feel better one day? i'm afraid it won't be until april. :(