Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

All I want for Christmas is Lights

This year I told my family that all I really wanted for Christmas was to see all the lights that the holiday had to offer. Part of the the deal was that I wanted them to be happy about it and excited to see all the lights from all over the city. My team was good to me and we made it to all the light events on my list. And they, we had a great time. So these are all the places that we went. Of course not all on the same day but throughout the month
First to the the balloon glow in Gilbert. Oh how I just love the light and how it glows in the night sky.



Second we met up with John and went to the Tempe Town Lake boat parade. We made a whole evening out of it. We took the light rail down. Ate at a cute pizza place and headed down to the lake. Man it got cold and I was not prepared for it. John and Shannyn teased me for not wearing the proper shoes. I've lived in Arizona so long I barely wear socks or own a pair of shoes that cover my feet.




 But that was not going to take away from the night. The boats where cool and I loved to see the lights reflection on the water. There were some creative boats like star wars and this one of the leg lamp. LOVED IT.



Made a stop at Comstock ST that won this years neighborhood light fight. Sadly no pics of the lights but we did get a bad picture of the kids and the snow machine.

The kids were in heaven. Since the line to drive into the neighborhood was about a mile or more long we took a little side street parked and walked over. Perfect evening in my opinion.

To finish it off, lights at he Mesa temple always a delight and beautiful.

No comments: