Back in November I joined my friends on a healthy eating challange. I just wanted to see if I could start some better habbits and loose the 5 pounds that I'm always trying to get rid of. But I never tried to hard because I would still have my ice cream and sweets.
Back up to October I went in for a check up and some routine labs and my doctor was concerened that I was showing some signs of being pre-dibetic. ME the gril that exercies 5 days a week, but yeah I do like my sweets. It was a good time to challenge myself.
I was secptical because the challenge is very loose. You would get points for doing certian things, logging your food, water intake, 3 servings of vegtables, 2 serivngs of fruit, no sweets except for one day of the week and exercise. Now where in the challege dose it restrict what you eat or how many caloires, so it was my choice to eat good foods and not cheetoes.
The water intake was the hardest for me. I was just not used to drinking that much. And some days I really wanted a treat but I passed it up so I would be able to earn maxim points. I was way more selective in my sweets which I think is such a great healthy practice. The digging in the pantery for the last of the chocolate chips had stopped so I was really greatful that I feel that I really kicked the sugar habit. I didn't over do it during Thanksgiving, just giving that day a free day and moved on.
The results were great, I feel great. I lost the 5 pounds, I drink a lost more water. I am always trying to fit in all my fruits and vegetables and I'm making better choices on my sweets. Added bonus is that I came in second in the challenge and won 1/2 of the pot. So I treated myself to some new workout clothes. More than anything I feel acomplished, I set a goal, stuck to it and I feel great. I'm happy that I found a way to get my diet back into check when things get a little out of control.
No comments:
Post a Comment