5 years ago on June 30th this boy came into the world and we are all better for it. What would we do without this entertaining little man that is full of spunk, wit and fun. Oh and his hair and eye lashes are to die for really,the envy of every woman.
His day started out right with presents and big ol' stack of birthday pancakes with sprinkles. And the best part was we had the McHenry's here to share the birthday fun.
Can you tell by the smile on his face that he loved the fart gun that Lilly got him. He is all boy that is for sure and loves all things bathroom and gross.
Since it is summer what do all summer birthday kids do? Have a pool party! Thanks to Aunt Amber we used their neighborhood pool and had a good old time. There were 6 5 year olds that came. All of them were happy to be in the water. Kevin and I had our work cut out for us making sure that all kids stayed afloat. They did plenty of jumping in and swimming back and forth. I think they all had a good time.
(picture above it the "okay, funny face")
I asked Luke over and over again if it would be alright to have popsicles instead of cupcakes, I was just so worried about the mess and and the frosting melting and not having kitchen close by. In my mind popsicles just made more sense. Luke was cool with it but I kid you not, that all the kids at the party asked where the cake was, and then they followed up with well how about a cupcake.
So lesson learned you must have cake at 5 year old birthday party.
After his party we came home and got to veg and Luke got to play with all of his new things, water guns, Mario Smash Bros the fart gun, ninja turtles, all awesome. Later that night Grandam Stacy invited us over for famous tacos and there we had Luke's chocolate cake. I got fancy this year and put sparklers on the top. I think it was a nice festive touch. So here he is Mr. 5 year old ready for kindergarten and the world. Goodness I love this guy to pieces I'm a million time lucky to be his mom.





No comments:
Post a Comment