Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Happy New Year

We are still in January so you bet this counts as my new year post. I got home for California on the New Years Eve So I really didn't have plans for a party. I was more in the mood to be with Kevin and the kids. So that is what we did. Pretty much no rules we bought a cheese ball chips and salsa. The kids were glued to their screen games and Kevin and I watched a movie in the other room.  I think that was the first time we have done that. Well come 10:00 pm we decided it was time for games. We played Farkle and Spot it.  Before we knew it, it was almost midnight.  So we switched on the TV and watched the ball drop form NY.  All of us made it to midnight and then quickly crashed into beds.

 John, Shannyn and the cousins made a drive all the way out to our house on New Years day just to say HI. Gosh I love them. But to be fair I did bribe them just a tad. I brought home Tommy's Chili from California so they pretty much couldn't resit.  The rest of the day was chill and we got ready for 8 am church on Sunday.
Love LOVE 8 am church. It just works for us. We are morning people and we love to have the afternoon open.  We played more games. This time Banana grams and then took naps. Heaven I tell  you.

Luke was pretty excited to bring home his sparking new CTR ring. He could tell me all about it. It means choose the right, to do good things. That's right buddy always remember that. Really life can be that simple.

Well after we got a week of school under our belt and everything back to normal. Mandy came to town. I hadn't dared hope that it would happen since she had already tried to come out 2 other times since their move. But she made it and it was glorious and fun reunion.
The best buddies together again.

And the girls were up to their creative play. They were all so excited to have a sleepover and be with their friends.  The house was a mess and loud and I wouldn't want it any other way.

 Later that night we headed out to the Glendale Giltter & Glow event. I have literally been planing to go to this for a year. So I had high hopes that it would go well.  Let's start off by saying that the balloons are beautiful I loved seeing them and being with friends and family is made it worth it.  As much as I love the above two things the night was a little rough but we got through unscathed. First I hate going to new places in the dark and Kevin should never rely on me as the navigator. Lets's just say we made a few U turns. Second, never take my kids on an hour drive without feeding them first right at dinner time. Third it was crowded, really really crowded. I got to see the balloons and that makes me happy. Plus the kids thought the shuttle bus was the best part. Here we are as a family in front of one balloon.



While we were waiting to board our shuttle bus I had to snap a pic with BFF. So glad she could come and that we could host her and her family. Crossing my fingers that she can come back soon.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Your NYE sounds perfect. Seriously. And the trip was so, so, so fun and WAY overdue. Thanks again for everything!!