Sometimes you just got to get out of town, I'm so thankful that my parents don't live too terribly far. So off we went after a new set of tires we were California bound. We spotted the Waffle Love on the way. I love the art work on that thing.
So when we arrived we had some lazy days and did nothing. I'm talking pajamas until noon, more movies, TV and games. Eating at Porto's bakery. We did get dressed for that one and Papa did take Luke out to the pool to try out his new Christmas toys.
We made it to the new Discovery Cube at Hansen Dam. It was okay. I'm glad that we got in for free using our science center pass. On the the plus side it was fun so show the kids were I used to work as lifeguard for a summer.
On Sunday night Mom hosted a scone party and invited friends that we grow up with. Lots of them were in town for the holidays so it was fun to catch up with them. Kinda mad that I didn't take one picture because it was quite the gathering.The house was packed. During that week we made it to see Grandpa and Grandma Candy and also a visit to Grandma Lola. It is nice to have some one on one time with them.
We had enough lazy time so we went out to Vasquez rocks. My kids love this place and ask to go every time we go to CA.
When max is climbing rocks he thinks he is pretty big stuff and asks me to take his picture a lot and will even through out a few poses.
Uncle Matt came along and I was glad for it. He was fun with the kids and he was the only one that would take him to the very top. I couldn't look when they were up there. Both Lilly and Max were very proud that they made it to the top. I about died but I knew they were safe.
Probably my most favorite picture of the day.
The next morning we headed back to AZ to be with Kevin and to be on our own beds. It was sure nice to take a break.



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Dude! We were at the discovery cube a few days after you!! So funny. That would've been hilarious to run into you again!
Great pictures!!! Okay, I need to go to Vasquez Rocks when I go back to CA. Looks so scary to see the kids way up there, but I know it's something they won't soon forget!
Post a Comment