We started off the week with bang I tell you. First up, filed trip to the farm. Some kids were happier to be there then others. Vertuccio farms is so fun and they have lots to do for the kids. We loved jumping, climbing, running, riding, and sliding.
But my favorite of the day was this Turkey. No not Luke although I do love him to pieces even with his weird face. Man that big turkey was impressive.
Next up preschool Halloween party.
The family of twins in our class host an amazing spooky house in our neighborhood for Halloween. So I thought it would be a good idea to show the kids that we don't have to be afraid of spooky things, The dad would take us around and show us how things worked. I was impressed by the way to find out that the dad worked at Disney for a number of years as a performer and in set design. So there you go. Some kids loved it some kids still cried but I promise they didn't have to do anything that they were uncomfortable with. So it made me second guess my decision. What do you think moms was I wrong to take them over?
Well they had tons and tons of stuff and I will admit it will be scary at night. I really thought it was neat.
After the spooky house I redeemed myself my having a fun party with musical chairs, bobbing for apples, and don't eat Pete.
We still hadn't carved our pumpkins so that was on the list of to do's when the kids got home. To be honest I was dreading it a bit. I like to carve a pumpkin. Just one but when I have to carve 3 and they are picky about design it isn't as fun as I hope for. Well the kids were all in this year, and really took it into their own hands. I just helped out a bit, and Luke just want to make sure that his pumpkin had a surprise face. Hey I can totally do that.
The results: Happy kids, happy mom, spooky pumpkins.








1 comment:
They did such a great job carving! I love love love Luke's surprised face pumpkin. I think it's okay that you took the kids over to the spooky stuff in the day time. Good idea. :)
Post a Comment