I took down Luke's crib on Friday. He has been in this big boy bed for a month now but I left up the crib because I knew it would be a sad moment. This was the crib that all my babies slept in. The crib that I had to crawl under to find lost binkys. The crib that I would lay clean sweet smelling babies in after I would feed them, rock them and sing to them. The crib that I saw all of their sweet faces peek over the bar when they finally learned to pull themselves up. I loved my babies and I loved the crib that they slept in.
Now there are no babies in the house. I have children that are learning and growing so much every day. They talk to me, and tell what they need. They share with me their dreams and their accomplishments. They have opinions and they ask questions.
I found them the other night all reading in Luke's bed. I am overwhelmed with joy that I am their mother and that for a small moment in time I was able to cradle them as babies.


3 comments:
A little sad? How about a LOT sad. Babies are hard, but so, so sweet. Here's to new adventures and being deep in the trenches of motherhood. :)
Oh dear. It just happens one day, doesn't it?
It is bittersweet, but wear it as your red badge of courage-you survived the baby years!! On to the next adventure :)
Post a Comment