Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Getting in the picture

I have taken on some new photo challenges for a few reasons. One reason is to get better at taking pictures but mostly it is to capture my life, my kids and to tell our family story. However in this process of telling my story, the story of my family there are few pictures of me with my family. Well because I'm the one behind the camera. I read this blog post the other day and it got me thinking I know it may sound narcissistic  but  I want my kids to see photos of me with them and know how much I love being their mom.  I know I do better then most but still I want to look back on these days in a photo.  I want my kids to have these memories captured to look back on as well. Who knows maybe I'm hoping that they will share it with their kids.  I just glanced back on our family photos and I only found 3 photos with me and Luke together for the whole first year of his life.  For all the hours that I held him, fed him, and rocked him only 3 pictures. It just made me a little sad. 
Well enough is enough.  I set my camera up the other day in hopes to capture something that Luke and I do everyday.  Lucky me I got a remote for my camera for Christmas and we just started shooting.  I let Luke have the remote this time.  He thought it was pretty cool. Here we are on a regular afternoon playing in his tent and reading books.



5 comments:

Julie said...

You are so fun! I need to use the remote more. I've been resorting to self portraits with the kids to get myself in a picture here and there.

Mandy said...

That's it. I need a remote. And a tent.

Erin said...

read the same post. I'm doing the same thing. Cute pics of you and Luke!

Katie said...

Man, I wish I had a remote! You are so photogenic!

Lindsay said...

It's nice to see your face!