Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

A Day at Magic Moutain

Back in August Kevin and I hit 10 years of marriage.  WOOHOOO for us right.  We didn't get to celebrate because I was living it up at Education Week at BYU.  I know I'm a lucky girl he sent me to have fun without him.  Well what we wanted to do to celebrate is to spend a day at Magic Mountain.  Both of us have  teenage memories of summers there and I think we wanted to find out if we can still hang with the young crowd. Plans were made for Thanksgiving and John and Shannyn were going to come along.  We figured that the park would be less crowed that day.  Oh and did a mention that this was an adults only affair. My mom and dad watched the kids. THANK YOU.   Well when we got in town we found out that they were having a promo on Wednesday that if you bring in a bag of food for a donation you get into the park for free. Super Awesome! See our tickets

The park was pretty empty and we walked onto most of  the rides.  We hit The new rides first they were fantastic, super smooth.

Everything was going really well until I got hungry and thirsty and we wanted to ride just one more ride before lunch.  Riddler's Revenge did me in.  I'm too short for the ride meaning that the safety bars and stuff don't fit me right and my head always gets banged around on the headrest.  Getting off that ride I didn't fell too well and I could tell that I was pale.  We got lunch and I felt much better but still not 100%.  It was a bit of a bummer.  We enjoyed the rest of the park and hit all our favorites.  We couldn't leave with out getting our funnel cake.  Oh I love that 10 years later I can still have so much fun with this guy. I did marry him because he was funny you know.



We had a blast! But by far the best moment of the day is when Kevin put on this little show. Mind you we went on every roller coaster in the park with the enthusiasm of any 12 year old but Kevin is not a fan of the Buccaneer.  

4 comments:

Liz said...

Ha ha. We did that same trip just last month for our 5 years. And we liked the Buccaneer. :)

Julie said...

The video is hilarious - of YOU!! Love that laugh!! Bt as for Kevin, I feel for him. Hook me up with roller coasters, but ones like that? On dear. - make me go green!

Katie said...

I hate that ride!

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun way to celebrate!