Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Now is a Good Time to Write About Now

I am far behind on blogging.  We had so much fun in California that I didn't have time to blog when I was there and tell you how amazing and delightful it was to be with my Uncle Burt, Aunt Sara, Libby, Levi and Anna Banana. Not to mention the other awesome people that we love to visit there. When I got back I was in my vacation blues mood, you know the one when you wish you were still on vacation.  And now I want to write but I fell like I can't write about now until I right about vacation.  My solution is to allow myself to write about now and write about my trip later.
Now we are just a few days from the start of a new school year.  I feel ready we have school supplies, lunch boxes, new shoes, and preschool is ready, but for some reason I think I am missing something.  I am sure I will find out soon enough.
We haven't done too much this week.  Lilly had a dentist appointment Tuesday. Big Bummer she has a cavity. She had an eye visit too and her eyes have gotten better so she has less of a prescription now. She seemed little bothered when the eye doctor told her that there is a possibly that she could grow out of her glasses.  Glasses have really become a part of her.
If you ask the kids what they liked the most about this summer I bet they would say Netflix.  So to get them away from the TV and repeating the constant question "Mom, what can I do?" I sent them outside to play in the baby pool.  It is still fun for them and they had hours of fun.


We had Grandma over for breakfast this morning.  We made her pancakes with fresh peaches, and sausage.   The kids set the table with a tablecloth and flowers and they made sure that they were both able to sit by her.    
Here are the pictures I got. This first one every one is looking but Max has a goofy grin.
In this one Max has a great smile but Luke is covering his face. So take the best from both and we have a very cute picture.

Tonight Lilly performed with her summer choir.  I can't begin to tell you how much she has improved and grown this summer.  I am so very proud of her.  And now we can even sing songs together.  Here is a little bit of her performance.  Oh and she rocked her solo that I fail to record. Good thing I will get a copy of the performance from her teachers.


1 comment:

Mandy said...

What a DARLING performance! Now I'm sad all over again that we missed it. I actually LOVE the second picture with Luke covering his face. That handsome and funny boy!