When school started it seemed like September was so far away. Now look it is already at the last day of August and it flew by. The kids have been really great about doing homework and new jobs for this school year. Kevin and I decided that Lilly and Max needed more practice with reading and math. So we are going to do supplemental homework to keep them on track. Sometimes it is a computer game or a real game. This game we call make 10. Thank you pinterest. It was a big hit and even the friends that came over got excited about playing.
On the crafty side Mandy got an idea to make a growth chart ruler. I have wanted to make one for over a year and even cut out vinyl when I was at my mom's house this summer. So with a little push from Mandy we got it done. I love it! I'm just sad that I have ugly walls to hang it on. I know get over it, buy a bucket of paint already and paint over that ugly color. Back to the ruler, it's so cute.
Lilly has been a big reader lately. YEAH!! I caught her reading just because she wanted to. She also made mention that she is now finished with her princess series books and needs something else to read.
While Lilly was reading I sent the boys outside to play. Water and boys is a wonderful combination, the results are happy boys and hours of fun.Max has even figured out that our patio makes a good slip and slide and is teaching Luke how to use it.
Shortly after this picture was taken they came inside while I made dinner. Luke was constantly whining and I couldn't figure out why. I go over to pick him up and realize that he has a fever. So he was pretty miserable but slept through the night.
Due to a little sick boy today we took it easy. Lots of books, hugs and popsicles. When Luke woke up from his nap his fever had broken but he still didn't feel that well. I mean who would with a runny nose and watery eyes. Kevin and I canceled our date tonight and the kids and I rode bikes instead. It was a lazy Friday and sometime I like it that way.






4 comments:
So fun. But even though it's September it's still probably 100 in AZ, right??
I have wanted to do one of those rulers forever and ever. Maybe before Emerson leaves for college...
I'm so so sorry that Luke got sick. :( But I have to say, the photo of the boys on the slip n slide patio is ADORABLE! Love those kids.
I have been wanting to make one of those rulers too. Was it hard? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Give me the insider tips!
HEY!! What are you doing letting my cutie cut with her LEFT hand??? Too funny, she flips back and forth at home with scissors, but never with pencils/crayons. :)
And I love that the boys are such buddies now, they are so cute together. If Lilly likes mysteries, we've got tons of the A to Z ones.
Post a Comment