I have been waiting to put up this post because I was hoping to have some pictures to add but I don't so I will post it now and add pictures later. (4/28 pictures are now added)
Let's start with Thursday. Mandy let me know that we probably were not going to run that night because her Grandma passed away and there were things that she need to get done to get ready for funeral in Ohio. I tell you this because we were running together regularly so she could train for Pat's Run. Since her grandmother passed away she would not be able to run the race on Saturday. After an email to the race people they let her know that would not refund her money so I offered to run in her place.
Kevin and my nieces had signed up for Pat's Run in January so they were all going to run in it too. I was just now joining the party. I had been running so I was ready.
Kevin story is a little different. He was so excited about this years race but while training for it he would have an almost debilitating pain in his calf. He would rest it and then try to run again and the same thing would happen. Finally just days before the race he decided so buy some compression socks that other people said really helped them with the same kind of pain. The socks really helped the pain but he hadn't been running very far or very fast.
Come Saturday morning we are all ready to race. Kevin, Pablo and my nieces are placed in corral 1. (if you want to know how that happened ask me in person) I am in corral 10 and my buddy Emma decided that she would run with me. The race begins. Emma has picked up her running game since last year and right out of the gate she had a faster pace than me so she went for it and I would meet her at the finish line. Long story short, I finished almost 7 minutes faster than last year. I was a little disappointed that I ran a 10:30 mile. I really thought I was running a 10 min mile. Now I have something to work on. Kevin almost passed out the course because he is competitive, he pushes himself and he was not ready. My nieces are super runners and both improved their times.
We quickly leave the race to get ready for Lilly's birthday present from Amber. She was taking us to the Rapunzel play at Hale theater with her and Becca. The play was cute Lilly loved it. The theater even recognized kids with birthdays with a little toy and getting sung to on stage. After the play we had girls lunch at Liberty Market. I'm so glad that we went I loved it I knew I would. Lilly not so much. I should have made her get the pizza, I think she would have been happier.
Then it was home to rest for the rest of the evening. We were all tired from a party the night before and getting up before 6 am. We did do a few chores before we went to bed, like clean up from the party and wash the car. It was a full, fun and busy day. I really like when Saturdays are like that.
2 comments:
Man, I'm dying to know how they got in corral 1. Remind me to ask you!
Good job on improving your time! Let's go for 9 minute miles next year. :) I love busy Saturdays, too. Can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment