Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pat's Run

About 2 months ago my sister in-law came to me and said to me "I want my girls to run in Pat's run with their running club and I would like you and Kevin to run with them" At first I really didn't want to. I thought why run I hate running I have never been good at it. And I really didn't think that I could run the 4.2 miles. But I was persuaded and we decide that we would run. Reluctantly I started to run twice a week after 8pm. The running started off with very short distances and gradually got longer. Leading up to yesterday. My niece and I stayed together the whole time and ran the 4.2 miles without stopping. We completed the race at 50 minutes.

Kevin ran with my other niece, and my brother in law was the ringer. Hannah ran a great time, She is only 11. Kevin was disappointed with his time and blames it on all the walkers that he had to weave through. But he he finished none the less and finished with a faster time than me. It was such a fun experience for so many reasons. It was great to run with my niece, and Although I never ran with Kevin it was fun that we did the same thing. It was thrilling to get up before the sun and get to the race. It reminded me of all the swim meets in my younger years. I have enjoyed my training with Ericka and have really enjoyed our friendship. Most of all I have gained a little more confidence in myself that I can do new things. We are already talking about next year who's going to join us?

7 comments:

Mandy said...

You KNOW I'm so there! I watched it on tv yesterday and thought of you. I'm glad you had fun! Racing is so addicting. I love it!

Erin said...

Way to go Laura! Sounds fun!

Liz said...

Awesome! Congrats. You'd be amazed at how many people hate running until they give it a fair try. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

dkw said...

You're an amazing inspiration to me Laura!

Julie said...

That is awesome Laura! I am impressed. You are amazing how you fit it all in!

Steve, Amy and Company said...

Good for you! Do you remember when we would run in the early early misty mornings through the cow pastures of Melo? And our funny, posed running pictures??

Anonymous said...

Way to go. I know I could never run for that long so that's awesome.