Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pajama Party

Friday was the last day of our summer vacation. School is starting on Monday so we had to celebrate. This is all weird to me b/c this is the first year that I will have a child going to school. Lilly is more then ready, I will be the one in tears. Ever since we moved here we would pass by our elementary school and say " That's your school" At that time I really never thought that it would come so soon. Since it is such a big day we must through a party. Parties make everything better. Lilly wanted to hold a pajama party so we had one celebrating the start of school. She specifically requested to have a party that was not girly so her cousins would like it. Here was the outline.
Everyone is in PJs
Hot dogs and fruit for dinner
Games: musical pillows, charades and spoons
Make an ice cream sundae
Movie: "Ink Heart"
sleep (not so much)

I had to include an ice cream sundae b/c that is what my mom did when we were young. I always thought that was a wonderful way to celebrate. I would like to make this back to school party a tradition. I had so much fun and the kids did too. But next year I just might skip the whole dinner thing and just have the ice cream. One day a year won't kill you.



In the morning I thought I was being a supper cool Mom/Aunt and made the kids chocolate chip pancakes topped with raspberries and berry syrup. I know what you are thinking, yes, Laura that sounds so good, lucky children. Well lets just say I was way more excited about breakfast then the kids. Oh well now there are more for me.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Your baby is in school. I can't believe it. What a big girl! I love the sundae tradition!!

Erin said...

When school got out I had big plans for a back to school celebration too. Somehow moving threw everything off. There's always next year right?

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Max will ever feel how Kevin used to feel being the only boy with all the girl cousins?
Just don't let them dress you up like a girl Max. Kevin let that happen a few too many time! Miss you all!!!