Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

So I think I will write

Not much is going on here, really just following the same routine. Work, home, school. I took a day off on Friday for the Primary program practice and this is what Lilly and I did. Another great idea from No time for flash cards, a Recycled Rainbow. Lilly and I cut out magazines to find rainbow colors. And Ta-Da!! We have a beautiful rainbow.

I have been felling festive for HALLOWEEN. I set out to make a fun Advent calendar after. About an hour 1/2 at Jo Ann's I couldn't decide what I wanted to do. One of my many faults I can never decide on anything. So I left the store and walked into Kirkland HOME to see how I would love to decorate my house. I spotted this, (see below) Just what I had dreamed of, and the most perfect knock- off of Pottery Barn ever and a great price. I was too thrilled. The purchase didn't fill the creative void I have been feeling, but I do LOVE the calendar.


On to Sunday. We all woke up happy and ready for the Primary Program. We ate a Sunday breakfast of sausages, eggs and pancakes. Max managed to get a nap in before church. He fell asleep at the bottom of the stairs. Playing cars on the stairs can really tucker a guy out.
I just wanted every thing to run smoothly for the program. We got to church early to set up. The program was beautiful, we have some really wonderful children in primary. They all did so well. I was so impressed. We had several young children sing solos that knew every word and sang every note. Most of the children had their parts memorized. Lilly did great with her speaking part and singing with her class "I Am a Child of God". Her behavior on the stand was much to be desired. She would jump out of her seat and come give me hugs to where I was sitting on the floor next to pulpit, she did this several times. I was so embarrassed. What was I to do? I let it ride, we had a talk about it at home. At least we have a whole year to practice sitting quietly for next time around.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

LOVE the rainbow, LOVE the calendar!!! We'll do the rainbow this week...the calendar next year. :) Congrats on making it through the program. Hmm...I have no idea when Maggie's is...

Vaknin Family said...

That is such a cute advent calendar, I've been looking for one too. Tyler asks everyday if it's Halloween and that would help him see how many more days he has to wait.

tyandlinds said...

Yeah, the program is done! We have the most fun primary, 100 kids and all! :) The rainbow is cute, very creative. I did a little Halloween craft i will show you. Maybe you can do something similar to fill the crafting void. I have felt the same way lately, in the mood for crafts.

Johnson said...

I'm so glad the primary program went well. I wish we could have been there. That rainbow turned out great! I need to check that website.

Steve, Amy and Company said...

Yes, I have been eyeing the PB advent calendar also. Yours is darling. I finally decided not to get the PB calendar due to a) the price and b) my children are candy-fiends and that candy-filled calendar would have just added to their dental issues (it's not just a coincidence that they both have dental appts. tomorrow--they each have two cavities that need to be filled:(

Erin Fanello said...

The program went great and Lily was cute, that's what people love about the program is all the cute and loud things that kids do, so no worries! I like your creative rainbow picture I want to check that site out because noah and I need something to do in the day besides watch sesame street and curious george! Cute calendar to, did they have a Christmas one by chance?

Nikki said...

Okay, Laura. I just changed my background on my blog and seriously almost used the exact kit that you used. It's funny because right when I was done I came over and saw yours. Good thing I didn't. I think yours is way cuter than mine would have been.

♥ Natalie said...

Okay, several things here:
1. You did a FANTASTIC job with the Primary Program ~ Everything slid into place and went very smooth.
2. Lilly LOVES her Mamma, what can we say?! I thought it was CUTE how she wanted to be by you... I doubt anyone even thought twice about it. But I know what you mean!!
3. WAY FUN RAINBOW!!!! LOVE it. Maybe I will give Elisa some scissors if she and I do a one-on-one project to make a rainbow. Haha!
4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your calendar and I know I have already googled at it when I was over, but I do love it!!! I want one, too!
5. I admire how creative and fun you are with your kiddos!! I always think of you when I go to start an art project with the kids.... just thinking that I need to be good like Laura and have my kids do art as well as everything else. Thanks for being an inspiration!!
6. Thanks for missing me on Sunday. I sincerely hope that me missing didn't cause a problem with my class. It had been a really hard and long couple of days and I was not emotionally good to go to church. Thanks again for your good thoughts! That means a lot.
7. You need to teach me how to digi scrap... is that what you call it?! I loved the invites that you made a while ago.... way cute and looked a lot less time-consuming than cutting adn pasting like I normally do for invites!!!

And that should be enough for now! See you soon.