Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Full Days

Here we are at the end of this week or a start of a new one how ever you look at it and I can't believe that last Sunday and Lilly's birthday day. We sure do have ours days full and I like it like that. But I am very much looking forward to our lazy days of summer. 
This week started off with a little photo shoot for my wonderful cousin. Um see these beautiful kids yes I used to babysit them. Anyway this shot was my favorite.

It was my turn to teach Luke's preschool this week. So on Tuesday and Thursday this week and last week I taught preschool all day.  Hey it was fun, really fun but I was just not used to their energy.  Plus sometime last week during my intense (I use that word loosely) home workouts. I tweaked my back. I hate it I feel old bummer.  Aww look at how well Luke can trace his name.  I like him.

When Lilly has piano I take the boys to the park across the street. Luckily the weather was really nice this week and cooled down so it was perfect to be outside. They found a scooter to try some daring stunts and tried rolling down the hill.

At some point this week the air went out.  Our trusty air guys came out and said that we need a new circuit board that will be about $400. Since the weather has been fair we have been very comfortable and he fixed it so that air will work, but it will be next week when they get the right board to install. 
Friday Mandy and I went to pick up lumber to have her hubby make us these cute quilt ladders.
photo from this blog 

See since Brandon is taking his family away form me I figure it is the least he can do right?  Yes it is true Mandy is leaving me to go to greener pastures literally, but that is not hard to do when you live in the desert. So am going to continue to torture myself and spend oodles of time with her and her family.  After the lumber trip we went to lunch at the Blue Lemon.  I give it thumbs up.


Friday night Kevin had a Teacher's camp out so the kids and I were on our own to have fun.  I treated them to Mesa Froyo since we haven't been in awhile.  To my surprise they now take credit cards #saywhat.  The kids were super impressed with my PacMan skills.

Part of the deal for desert was that we were going to do our Saturday chores on Friday night so we could play in the morning since the McHenry's were coming over. To my surprise they complied without complaint. Lilly started to deep clean her room so we could get her desk moved in the morning.
As always the girls have something fun going on. Max transitions between the girls and the little boys.

After our guests left we started to get work on Lilly's desk. Funny thing is that she was very unsure about asking for a desk for her birthday knowing that it would take a some revamp of her room.  She said that I always say will do stuff and it never happens when it comes to stuff like this.  Ha she knows us well. We are big talkers here and we need a good nudge for some serious action. Well of to Hobby Lobby we go. Luke without fail falls asleep and I have to take him like this into the store. Could be a reason my back has been bothering me.

After picking out some cute nobs, pretty paper for the drawers, and a little poly on the top, Lilly has a very cute desk in her room and she is over the moon about it.


2 comments:

Mandy said...

SUCH A CUTE DESK! It turned out darling. DARLING! Oh my, how could I forget to post the picture of Michael hanging like a monkey on the lumber cart. And my Ryleigh with the messy hair. Oy, that girl.

Lynn said...

Love the desk, and I can't wait to see the quilts you've been working on all hung up!