Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy

Nothing makes me happier then hearing the words "THANKS MOM".  Last night Lilly had part one of her birthday. I came down stairs to a small mess of wrapping paper, new gifts, streamers, craft things and leftover party food crumbs. All was well because I could still hear "Thanks mom for leting me have a party. It was so fun."  I knew it was fun I heard it and a saw it. 10 giggly girls being silly, dancing, singing, crafting, and talking. I'm so grateful for my Lilly and so grateful for the sweet girls that are in her life. We are so blessed.
Now for some of the party details. It was a pajama party. On the menu was pancakes with all the fixn's and lots and lots of strawberries.  We didn't serve any cake just pancakes and chocolate covered strawberries for the desert. No pictures, this is when I discovered that the memory card was still upstairs in the computer. Kevin was super dad. He helped serve and clean up so we moved on to crafts. The girls made yo yo's into head bands or hair clips.  Some girls loved them and made several and others was just fine making one. I was proud of them for trying something new.

Next our bedtime relay race.  It was fun and silly.

Peeling the cumber



Group shot.  A lovely group of girls.

 No party is complete without a game of spoons.

Each girl went home with sleeping masks and nail polish.  Turned out the sleeping masks weren't that hard to make. Most the girls had them on when they left but I didn't get a picture so these two cuties were happy to model the extras I had.

So here is my girl, soon to be 10, entering the double digits, who also announced to me this morning that she needs a bra. I love her. And look forward to a weekend of celebrating her birthday.

No comments: