Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring Break

So who wants to here about our break.   Well maybe my kids will in the years to come so lets lay it out shall we.
The kids got out at noon on Friday so I deiced that it was best to head out to California then.  Kevin couldn't take time off so it was just me and the kiddos.  This kids are great on the road so that was no problem. The drive was uneventful. We listened to Bridge to Terabithia I didn't know she died in the end.  It was kind of a bummer when we arrived.  Well we got out of the sad mood quickly played and went to bed.
Saturday we went to the California Science Center.

 They have the Space Shuttle Endevour on display.  Um SUPER AWESOME.  The thing is massive. I couldn't even get a good shot of it because I brought the wrong lens. There was a film similar to this at the exhibit. I thought it was amazing how they got it to the science center.


 The kids were very excited about their souvenirs.  A penny of the space shuttle and cool t-shirts.

 The rest of the museum is huge. So much to do and did I mention it is free. I would say okay lets go and then we would turn the corner and get sucked into another exhibit. My other highlight of the trip was the ROT ROOM. Yep that is right ROT.  It couldn't turn away, live maggots and beetles eating away on flesh.  Fascinating I tell you.

 Luke loved love the aquarium. Who doesn't.  We sat for some time and just watched the fish and sharks swim.  We saw a shark egg, and baby Garibaldi (the California state fish) and eels. Those always creep me out a bit.

The kids and I tried our hand at broadcasting

 Max is working on a little aerodynamics.

After finishing all the snacks we brought it was time to head home. It was so fun we could do it again no prob.
Later that night Nana and Papa treated us to Chinese.  The food was good but Luke was not.  He had a long day and was tired so we spent half the meal in the car.  Thanks for trying Nana and Papa, someday we might be able to have a nice meal together.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh how I fully understand the attempts at dining out with a crazy kid. Love the great pics!!