Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

A Few Things Before Christmas

I am determined to blog about our Christmas even if it is January. We had our annual candy house decorating party.  The McHenry's joined us and the kids got to invite one other friend.  Luke was really able to get in on the action this year. Of course eating more candy then he put on the house but he had a great time with his buddy Micheal.  Micheal was our little candy thief.  When the kids were done, he managed to sneak back inside and take candy of any house he could reach.  I'm so happy that he enjoyed himself, the little cutie.

Max took a new approach this year and smeared frosting all over his hands. Then made some house and shortly after smashed the whole thing. See Max and Cody having a great time.

The girls took their time, made patterns and were precise on every placement of candy. Yep boys vs girls.

We did your traditional rounds around the neighborhood for the best Christmas lights.  We made up awards again this year.  The kids got to secretly deliver them on the doors and run back to the car before we are caught.  Just a fun little thing that we love to do.

This year the 2nd grade did a wonderful performance of the  Nutcracker. I was so pleased Max knew all the music and knew his part so well. (Here is my mom fail. I did not bring my zoom lens to the performance. So it is not properly documented).  He even expressed interest in seeing the real ballet.  If he said he wanted to go to a ballet I was going to take him, this might be my only chance.  

We went to a small production with his classmate and mom.  Lilly came and brought her friend Mary.  I won't lie there was a little drama before the show.  It was about having to dress in nice clothes.  There were tears but he made a commitment to go so I was going to make sure he went. When we got there he perked up. It was so great to see his face light up when he recognized  the music.  He might remember the experience differently when he is in therapy, but I'm still sticking to my guns and saying that I'm glad that we went.
On Christmas Adam I let the kids open up their presents from Nana and Papa. New sleeping bags to sleep in under the tree. And as you can tell Max is just about as bad a Luke for not holding still in the picture.

I think they finally fell asleep around 11. They were super excited that night well duh it is only one more day until Christmas. 

No comments: