Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer Begins!!!

Summer success.  We had a great first week of summer.  100 times better then last year.  Swim team started and guess what, they both loved it!! Yes both of them.  All this week there were no complaints, and no tears. I guess I should say that Lilly was always excited but I was very worried that Max would not give it a real try. But he did! The first day I misjudged our timing and had to rush them out the door.  But on Wednesday I was better prepared so it went much better.  They are so pleased with themselves too. Lilly is always counting how many laps she did and Max loves to catch up to the boy ahead of him.

Oh and such a proud moment to see my little boy in jammers.
and my girl in a swim cap.

Other things we are doing to celebrate summer is to take advantage of Sonic's SUMMMER of SHAKES.

That's right we have set a goal to try all 25 flavors.  With the 5 of  us each trying one at a time we have already have 15 flavors checked off. And who can resist 1/2 price.
Summer school.  Well our summer school is just a few workbook pages a day, journal writing a few times a week and reading everyday.  Lilly has already read 3 books. Her goal for herself is to read 20 books this summer. She will hit that without a problem.  Max and I just finished Captain Underpants.  I vow not to read another one of the those books but he like it so we will have to find something that we both can enjoy.
Swimming for everyone in the afternoon at the cousins house or with friends.  I'm surprised that they don't get tired of it but they always want to swim.
Lilly has started her Summer choir and loves it.  I hear her singing the songs around the house and it puts a smile on my face. Luke kind of got the shaft this summer he is not in anything but he is just so happy to have his brother and sister home to play with so I'm pretty sure he is fine.
There is more to come we just started.

3 comments:

Liz said...

We just met someone else who had a goal of all 25 flavors too. But peanut butter and bacon? Really? Bleh! I tried the strawberry and thought it was one of the best milkshakes I've ever had with the real fruit.

Mandy said...

SUMMER OF SHAKES! I think we are half way through, too. :) Cute pics of the kiddos, as always.

Katie said...

You are filled with awesome ideas Laura. You are my new mommy mentor!