Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Some Thoughts on Gratitude

I have a lot on my mind, and sometimes when that happens I forget show gratitude for what I have.  My worries overshadow the happy joys that I experience many times on a daily basis.  When I get like this Kevin is quick to remind me "your life's not that bad toots".  And of course in good ole Laura fashion I do not take kindly to his wisdom.  So I translated it in my head so it doesn't sound so harsh.  Even though I know I need a harsh reminder a lot of the time.  Here it is, "Please lovingly remind me that I have much to be grateful for".  The phrase has been going through my head over and over.  The more I hear it the more I am able to see the little things that make my life rich.  It's a call to myself to be patient, show myself some love and enjoy the many blessings I have.  I know, simple right?  So why is it so hard to live it everyday.  I guess what matters most is that I strive to be grateful, and everyday it will become easier to do.  Then one day, I will be able to recognize blessings instinctively and I will have become a grateful person.
There are few things that made me smile or this week and I wanted to write them down.
This weekend was national digital scrapbooking day.  I know no one cares but Mandy and I but I can still get excited about this stuff.  I'm way behind with my scapbook. I lost my mojo. I forced myself to get a page done so I did 3 and I made a birth anouncement for Luke because I had always had felt bad that I never did one for him.






Saturday we had our family pictures taken.  Oh I had such high expectations. I was quickly reminded that Luke is 16 months old and he wants nothing to do with staying in one spot.  I know that Shari captured our family in its true light.  I know there will be a few good ones and they will be true to life.
Sunday morning I remembered how to make those square fortunes tellers.  I made one and let the kids play with it. Then they got making them on their own. They thought I was such a cool mom and it kept them busy all Sunday morning.
This morning I got a call from a mom that was volunteering in Max's class room. She let me know that Max had fallen in the mud this morning and needed clean pants and a clean jacket.  She was nice enough to come get them form our house since I am still carless.  I can't wait for Max to come home and tell me what happened.  Because if I had to put money on it I'm sure he put himself in a position that helped him slip in the mud.
The car should be here today, thank goodness. 4 weeks without a car is hard.  I only survived because I have great friends that were willing to take me places and creative planing.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I love the layouts. I'm so glad you are getting the car back soon. HOORAY! Remind me how to make those fortune tellers...I'll have to google it.

JulieP said...

Youve been without a car for a month? That's hard! I really like your pages, especially Luke's birth announcement - so fun!