He is so happy that I let him outside to play. I send him out in the morning while I 'm cleaning up the kitchen since it is under 100 degrees most mornings. This little guy couldn't be happier. He loves it outside.
Mandy and I set another craft day on Friday. I fixed Lilly's dress to be a little shorter and I made Max the Frankenstein shirt. Yep, I sewed the thing, look at me I can sew. Now they can wear them a few times before Halloween. The best part is that they like them. I'm thrilled.
We had a full house this weekend. My friend went into labor in Friday so I was happy watch her 2 kids for the weekend while she got to welcome in a brand new baby girl into the world. Everyone played really well and even went to sleep at a descent hour. I was able to pull out some notebooks on Saturday morning for each of the kids to have their own conference notebook to take notes or to draw pictures about the talks. They did really well. Both Lilly and Max wrote down words they heard. I had printed out cards with the names and a pictures of all the apostles. Every time someone spoke they went through the cards to find his name to copy down in their own notebook. It worked for them, they stayed engaged so I was happy. I enjoyed conference this weekend. I was able to listen to most of it. I really enjoyed Elder Packers talk to the youth it was inspiring to me, he spoke of hope and living no matter what the world circumstances may be. So many of the talks brought a light of truth that was so good for my spirit. My hope is to be better this week, to be more patient, more loving, more thoughtful and more prayerful. I had a wonderful weekend so I want to carry that feeling throughout the week.



2 comments:
You win mom of the year for having your kids write during conference. Mine just pumped up on the sugar. I lose. :)
Look how awesome crafty you are! Love those Halloween outfits.
And the picture of Luke and the spit bubble? It's AWESOME.
Post a Comment