Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sometimes Life is Hard

We had a crazy day at the doctors today. It's my own fault that I didn't really have everything I needed for our new insurance. After some phone calls signing some papers they let us see the doctor.
Luke is growing just as he should. He is long and perfect, he only cried for a minute when he got his shots. He is such a brave boy.

Lilly went in today as well. For awhile I have been concerned that her hair looked thinner. It was hard to tell because she has always had fine hair. This December I noticed that her eye lashes where missing and then her eyebrow. We then checked her legs and arms and all her hair was gone. I knew what it could be right away but I didn't want to believe it. After some questions and a look from the doctor her diagnosis is alopecia. Lilly will have to get some lab work done to rule out other illnesses. If all the tests come back normal we will see a dermatologist to see if there is any treatment. There is no way of knowing if the hair that she has will stay or if or when any regrowth will happen. Lilly said that she was sad that her hair is not growing but I don't know if it will really hit her until she starts to see a difference. Tonight in her prayers she asked Heavenly Father that her hair will grow. I almost lost it. I'm sure there will be hard days to come.
I try to be positive and grateful that it is not something more serious. She is healthy, happy and smart. But I am so sad. Life is hard enough, with hair. I worry about other kids teasing her, how will she handle it? I'm also grateful that I have a good friend that has this condition and can help us on the way.

So for the time being we will enjoy the hair that she has and wait to see if there are any answers.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

this breaks my heart. nobody wants their sweetie to have another challenge. i hope lily can weather it well.

Erin said...

Oh Laura. I am so sorry. Life IS hard and sometimes so unfair. ):

Mandy said...

Poor Lilly. She of course is still beautiful, but how frustrating to have this condition. An amazing picture of her, Laura. You've got skillz.

Kyla Armstrong said...

(((HUGS))) Her simple prayer to her Heavenly Father tugged at my heart. I know He will bless her for her faith.

Julie said...

I had no idea all this was going on. I'm sad. Lilly is beautiful and she has amazing parents to help her through. I'll be praying for Lilly's hair too...And I'll be praying for her awesome mom and dad.

Danielle said...

Thank goodness she has awesome PARENTS!! Lilly is an exceptional little girl and will be such an example to others. I read an article about Ms. Delaware who has it and she is gorgeous too! Here's the link if you want to have a look. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41021492/ns/today-today_fashion_and_beauty/