Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's Not All Bad

Despite the bad news this week, Lilly has had a fantastic week. Her teacher emailed me to let me know that Lilly is reading so well at this point, that she will be moving up to the next reading level. I'm so proud of her! Next on the awesome list, she was chosen to be in the Principal's 200 club not just once but twice this week. The 200 club is given 200 kids that are demonstrating good character chosen by their teacher or another teacher. Yep she is a good kid. Adding to the list, Lilly was so excited to finish and paint her clay flower in art. She thought she missed it because she had to get her blood taken on Wednesday. When she got her blood taken she was so brave and didn't cry and didn't squirm, she took it like a champ. When you have a week like Lilly's there is reason to have a girls day, so off to lunch, the nail salon and errands.
She woke up this morning and put on a pretty dress ready to go for our special day. It was her first time that she got her nails done and she loved it.

I love my girl. This wonderful girl that first made me a mother. I plan to have many more days like this in our years together.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

So cute! I love the nail salon idea. I'll have to do that with Maggie sometime. Better yet, let's make it a double with the four of us!

Julie said...

This post warms my heart! What a great day. I LOVE the nail art!

The Watkins said...

She is so cute and such a sweetheart! What a fun day...we all need those days every once in awhile, right?

Jeni Everett said...

Hugs to Lilly! Katie thought she would be a the Super Bowl party yesterday night. We are sorry we missed you. Better yet, I am sorry you have church so late! I hope things are going well for your family. When things aren't as planned in our lives, the good days that we might normally take for granted are so wonderful!

Julie said...

I just love that picture of you two together!