Now that it is all over does anyone get the after Christmas blues? You know it's when we work so hard for this one day and then like that, it is over. You wake up in the 26th the house is still a mess from Christmas morning, every game and toy has been opened. And I'm not sure where all the new stuff will go. I feel like I want to declutter the whole house but I don't b/c I don't want to take on the project by myself. One of these years I'm going to stop beating myself up about all that I didn't get done and truly celebrate just being with family. So that is what I did today. It was game day with the kids. After running errands this morning we played games all afternoon, of course we took advantage of the beautiful weather and rode bikes outside. I think my blues are over and will tackle some things tomorrow. At least get the toys in a home.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Like that it is Over
We had a lovely Christmas this year. It was complete with a visit from Santa that brought a bike and a fast scooter, making our little ones very happy.
Now that it is all over does anyone get the after Christmas blues? You know it's when we work so hard for this one day and then like that, it is over. You wake up in the 26th the house is still a mess from Christmas morning, every game and toy has been opened. And I'm not sure where all the new stuff will go. I feel like I want to declutter the whole house but I don't b/c I don't want to take on the project by myself. One of these years I'm going to stop beating myself up about all that I didn't get done and truly celebrate just being with family. So that is what I did today. It was game day with the kids. After running errands this morning we played games all afternoon, of course we took advantage of the beautiful weather and rode bikes outside. I think my blues are over and will tackle some things tomorrow. At least get the toys in a home.
Now that it is all over does anyone get the after Christmas blues? You know it's when we work so hard for this one day and then like that, it is over. You wake up in the 26th the house is still a mess from Christmas morning, every game and toy has been opened. And I'm not sure where all the new stuff will go. I feel like I want to declutter the whole house but I don't b/c I don't want to take on the project by myself. One of these years I'm going to stop beating myself up about all that I didn't get done and truly celebrate just being with family. So that is what I did today. It was game day with the kids. After running errands this morning we played games all afternoon, of course we took advantage of the beautiful weather and rode bikes outside. I think my blues are over and will tackle some things tomorrow. At least get the toys in a home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am in the same boat this year!! Sounds like you had a great Christmas!
Yeah, the last hour or so of Christmas, plus the day after Christmas, pretty much bum me out. It makes me feel really lame, but I get so sad that Christmas is over...especially because it always feels like it just flew by. Oh well, life goes on. :)
I haven't had the Christmas blues - this week between holidays is my FAVORITE week of the year! It's vacation mode, and everything goes on sale. :)
Post a Comment