Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Do You Feel Busy?

The past few days I feel like I just do enough to stay one step of everything. I don't think I do more then any other mom that works and has kids, it is just amazing how busy life gets with soccer, homework, helping in the classroom, and teaching preschool. Then I have to do all the regular house stuff, clean, cook and keep kids and hubby happy. The other day I calculated how many hours a day I spend nursing. It is 3 1/2 hours of my day dedicated to my little guy. I'm not complaining I'm just saying. I sit and I see all that is not getting done. I wouldn't do if I didn't believe that it was the best thing of him, and I do get my scripture reading done at that time.

Well today I tried to catch up on house stuff. All the bathrooms got cleaned, the kitchen got a scrub, the laundry got folded, most places got dusted, Halloween decorations came out, and floors swept. I feel better but I still have a list of things that I have to do. There will always be a list of things to do, and yet I feel it important to take some time to write it all down.
Wednesday the morning weather news guy came to Lilly's school in a helicopter. So we all had to see that. Here is the link to the broadcast. You can't really see Lilly but it was fun to watch.
Here is the helicopter landing on the school yard.

Getting ready for school this morning we found this in our raspberries.

It's a bee. It was dead.
And my happy baby let me take some pictures of him. He is 3 months old today. Oh I just love him. The sweet boy will smile when you talk to him but still can't get out a giggle. He loves to get his hands in his mouth and has learned to entertain himself buy kicking his toys in his chair.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh Laura..he looks like Lily in that picture!

Lindsay said...

i can hardly remember how i could have considered myself busy during college finals week. that was nothing next to being a mom!
glad you still take the time to blog, busy lady.

Mandy said...

sadly, i do not feel busy. would trade your life right now in a heartbeat!

Anna Workman Florez said...

Congrats on cleaning your house. My house could use a cleaning, but I think I'll just to watch another episod of Hoarders. It makes me feel really good about myself and my housekeeping and it's much easier. Love the smily Luke!!