Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Break in Fall

The kids and I are out for fall break.  At first I was uber disappointed because we have been abandoned, Kevin is on a business trip all week. New York of all places, so not fair.  Half of the cousins are on a cruse and Mandy is taking of to Disney World. Here we are left in the lone desert.  Okay I'm getting a bit dramatic but I did feel left out.  So knowing that I had a choice to make this a great week or a rotten one the kids and I chose a great one. We made a list of things that we would like to do put them on the door and had a great 2 days checking them off.
Monday I dragged the kids along for the essential errands. Dang it! Why must we eat? Gearing up for the trip I had to give a complete list of our stops,
1. Mandy's to finish a craft project
2. Best buy for a return
3. Walmart for food
4. Sprouts for produce. The kidlits were surprising well behaved so they picked out their pumpkins.
 
In the evening we caught the dollar movie, Monsters U.  Happy kids, happy mom.  Day 1 success!
Day 2  Again I had to lay out the number of stores we would go to get them to buy in, and trust me Max was counting.  First a trip to Joann's for fabric to make pillowcases, second I actuality snuck in Krikland home for a second to look at Christmas stuff.  Luke saw all the Christmas stuff and said he wanted to live there. Ya bud I feel the same way. Third a stop at DSW. AWESOME score here I found the shoes I have wanted and I got them on sale.

Fourth Costco. I treated myself to flowers it will make this week so much better to surround myself with pretty things.

We drove around to see the Temple and came home to have lunch. The rest of the afternoon was low key. We had friends over and played. I made a yummy dinner, Ricotta and Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells it was a hit, how can you go wrong with ricotta? Day 2 thumbs up!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Definitely going to try the recipe. VERY pretty flowers. Congrats on making it through fall break. :)