Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Moments

This week I wanted to be creative, I wanted to pick up my camera and get the perfect shot.  I felt like the perfect shot didn't come around so my camera just sat on the counter.  On Friday I finally decided that if I didn't pick up my camera I was never going to get the perfect shot or any shot at all.  After school on Friday I shot the kids having a snack.  Luke fell in love with peaches this weekend and I just love his eyes and that messy curly hair.
 I ended up buying 1/3 box of peaches to freeze for smoothies, make jam and enjoy this peach dessert.
Having the peaches around this weekend got me all nostalgic when my mom would can peaches.  I remember the kitchen floors being a sticky mess, and seeing my mom work so hard to have and enjoy the bottles and bottles of the best canned peaches.  I remembered the bowls of peaches and cream my dad would request for dessert and the fresh peach pie.

When Lilly came home from school she was really excited because we were going to our first Mother/Daughter party.  The night included a lite dinner, nail painting, making lip gloss, and a perfume. Lilly was in girl heaven and I had a good time being with my girl.
On Saturday was family work day. The kids have been really great about doing their Saturday jobs and getting their rooms clean.  (sniff, sniff,) They are growing up.  Mandy stopped buy to pick up her portion of the peaches. Lilly was excited to see her friends so we invited them to stay. It was one of those perfect play dates, where you don't see or really hear form them for hours because they are so busy playing together. Enjoying popcorn and a movie. 


The weather has been nicer. By nicer I mean that it is about 100.  On Saturday morning we were talking about running and Kevin challenged Max to a race. Kevin running, and Max on his bike.  Then Lilly got involved and next thing I know we are all out front racing down the street. They had fun racing their dad. Can you tell who was the winner? I think the winner got a slave for the day or a massage.
The next races were bike races.  I loved hearing Luke's voice form the baby seat from behind Kevin saying "faster, faster"


1 comment:

Mandy said...

The girls came home so happy from the playdate. THANK YOU! I love the last picture of the bike race. So fun!