Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Camping trip

We like camping. The kids love it, they love to get dirty, Max loves the fire, Lilly loves to pick up sticks and Luke love the flashlight. I am warring you now there are a lot of pictures from this trip. Just saying.  The kids are all bundled up in a double sleeping bag. It was so nice to get out of the heat and feel like it was fall.  It didn't take too long to fall asleep but we did wake up extra early thanks to the little one
 In the morning we went out to explore the lake. Happy muddy kids.
 And we went for a little walk along the lake.
 and I made every one stop for a group shot.

All through camp and there were amazing fields of yellow wild flowers.  I kept pretending that I was this amazing photographer and I would take a picture of whoever would be my model.  Lilly agreed for a while.


And I got a great cousin shot.
Lilly's most favorite thing to do at this camp site is to play at the amphitheater they have there.  She could sing and put on a show for hours.  Luke was part of her act this time and after the performance they walked back to camp holding hands.  She is a good big sister, and he adores her. 
 Around camp we relaxed.
and wrote in our journal.  Lilly made a graph of how many tarantula spiders we saw.  The grand total was 4.

We played cards.
 and rested some more.

I love the time we spent up there.  Preparing for the trip was a little stressful on my part but that is only because I made it that way.  On our way up I was talking with Kevin about how our kids are growing up and getting older, they will remember these trips. I hope they know how much fun we have with them and  how much we love nature and love to be surrounded by the wonder and beauty that God has created.
We left camp late Saturday night to be home for Sunday. Both Kevin and I had lessons to teach at church and the kids were practicing for the primary program.  Then after church I went to hear my cousin Jacob speak before he leaves on his mission to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was hard to believe that this was the same little kid that I used to babysit when I was up at BYU.  I still feel that young. Why is everything around me reminding me that I am not?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Great shots, Laura! Can't wait until you take my family photo. :) Wish I was camping soon...looks SO fun.

Julie said...

What awesome photos!