The next day Grandma Candy and Shannon took us to the Zoo. I mentioned that is was hot right? We didn't last that long at the zoo the heat was just uncomfortable, but we saw all the things that we wanted to. The new reptile house, gorillas, monkeys elephants and orangutans. We spent the rest of the afternoon with Candy and Grandpa. Luke got to go on a birthday shopping trip and came home with a stuffed animal fish and new shoes. He loves both and he has slept with his fish every night.
One of the best things about coming to Nana and Papa's house is that Nana will read to my kids every night and they love it. It's one of my favorite things because she has saved all of our favorite books from when we were kids. I love to hear her read those books.
We woke up today and headed to the Aquarium. I thought it was a perfect place to go because Luke is so in LOVE with fish. We all loved the place, there were so many fish to see. I fell in love with the penguins. Max and Lilly are a lot of fun to take to places like this now because they are more interested in learning about what they are seeing and not just moving around to the next thing.
But one of the highlights of our trip was running into a high school friend and collage roommate, Julie. Which is really quite somthing because she lives with her family in Utah and we are in Arizona but our parents are still here and we just happen visit at the same time. It has been many years since I have seen her but I found her blog about 2 years ago so I feel like we were friends lucky enough to met up again. I think when I get home I will pull out our collage picture when us silly California girls had to go out and build a snowman at the first sign of snow in Idaho. Little did I know how much more snow we would see that year. All the snow would make me long for California weather and really never want to live in a place where it snowed ever again.
When we got back to Nana and Papa's I heard the very famous words "Mom, I'm bored!" Easy solution here, lets get into the pool. Happy kids, Happy mom.








1 comment:
What a fun trip so far. I love the picture of luke vs the penguin! And you just happened to run into your friend? How funny!
Post a Comment