Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

And it's February

I was again surprised how few pictures I took this last week. So here are a few things. 
Thursday Morning: Max and Luke waiting for the older kids ride to school.  I love when I see them loving each other. 
Thursday I was trying to make a real effort to look cute so I put on these shoes.  I love these shoes I just never wear them.  I went to school to pick up the kids, I tripped over the roots of the tree and fell on the ground right in front of the kindergarten classes.  Yep I'm a classy lady.  
Friday: Luke has been sick on and off with a fever.  I was working on preschool Friday, then I noticed that it had gotten too quite.  I walked down stairs and found him asleep on the floor. He was tired.  Poor boy.
Lilly came home so excited that she was able to participate in FUN FRIDAY activities because she finished all her work at school.  She shared with me that she felt nervous earlier that day because she didn't know if she would be able to finish her work in time.  So she said a little prayer at lunch asking that she would get her work done.  I was so touched by her faith that the Lord would help her, her determination to work hard, and her gratitude to recognize His hand in her life.
The kids and I celebrated Friday with Slurpee's and a play date at the park with friends.  The weather is perfect.  Later in the evening Kevin and I were actually able to go on a date. I know it was an amazing day. 
Other tidbits of the week were.
  • I now have a phone where I can text from.  cRaZy I know. Now the young women will not laugh at me. 
  • I have been busy putting together mini "I love you because" books for the kids for Valentine's day.
  • Preschool is wonderful.  I have been getting things together for registration for next year.
  • Max and I had a sumo wrestling match.  My inspiration came from here.  I scored cool mom points that day.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm so proud of Lilly! Can I share that story with Maggie? Love the sumo idea. FUN!