I think I have been more willing to write on this blog of ours because life has been pretty good. It is always easier to write about happy things than sad. I also think that we have really tried to make our summer fun and creative. This is how the weekend happened for us.
Lilly was given a coupon to Chick Fil A at school and she wanted to use it almost everyday. We made an agreement that we should use it for something special. We decide that she could use it on a date with Daddy. Saturday afternoon they went out on their date. Lilly wanted Luke to go with them too, Kevin referred to him as their chaperon. Lilly agreed that having Luke with them was a good idea. I hope she still thinks that it is a good idea when she is 16 and we really use Luke as her chaperon.
With those 3 gone Max and I went on a date of our own, to Dell Taco of course, to redeem his summer reading coupon. And then for a little trip to Costco. We had a great time. It was fun to see Max enjoy that he had me all to himself. Well and who doesn't love the free samples at Costco.
To end the evening we went for a swim at our friends house. They are out of town and gave us a key keep an eye on the house, and enjoy the pool while they are gone. Um yeah that's no problem. Just so my friend knows I would watch her house even if you didn't have a pool, but the pool is a nice plus.
Luke is now walking like a pro and with this new milestone I had to get my little boy some shoes. His Aunt thought that shoes would make a great birthday present. The two of them went shopping and he came back with a pair of sandals and dress shoes. At first he wasn't too sure about them but he seems to be fine with them now.
To cap off the weekend we hope that Kevin had a nice father's day. The kids got him a Costco size box of fruit snacks and I got him boring shirts and ties. I hope he knows how much we love him, how much the children adore him and love to be with him.
These kids are lucky to have him. I'm lucky to have him.


2 comments:
I can't believe Luke is walking and wearing shoes. Where did that little baby go? Sounds like you had a nice weekend.
I love that Luke was the chaperone. CUTE! Lilly told me the other day that she couldn't wait to go to "chicken fil a". :)
Post a Comment