My sweet friend Mandy came for a play date. I hope Mandy knows how great I think she is. She just one of those people that you love to be around because you become better just by spending time with her. She was awesome enough to bring her sewing machine and give me a lesson on sewing. She was able to sew up some slip covers for her sofa pillows and I was able to complete a little receiving blanket. (the blanket will be a gift not mine, sorry grandparents) If you think that all of this is just too crafty for me, I have prof. Max was really interested in the sewing machine. He is such a boy so anything that will make noise and can do stuff is pretty cool.

Cooking classes this last week were wonderful. We made Soothies one day. One of my favorite fruit books is How are you Peeling by Saxton Freymann.
We taked about feelings and asked the kids to draw a self portrit of them feeling a specific way. Here is Lilly's picture.
Her drawing and coloring have improved so much in this last month. Just to brag about her a little more, She picked up the first of the BOB books entitled Mat and read it all by herself. I'm a very proud mom.
4 comments:
Way to go, Lilly!!!
Aw, you are too nice to say such sweet things about me. Your blanket turned out sooooooo stinkin' cute. When I get back to town, let's conquer some curtains. :)
I love the pictures. Good job in doing some sewing. You're FHE board is adorable. I'm serious, I saw it and I want to redo mine.
I love that picture a you and Max! He looks so interested in what you are doing! So cute.
Wow! I'm impressed! I don't even know how to work a sewing machine. And what a cute pic by Lilly. I love those little kid drawings!
Post a Comment