First I want to say that I was not mom of the year today. I just woke up this morning and said "hey I really don't want to do this today" So the kids watched way too much tv. I spent entirely too much time ordering my photo book that has been in my shutterfly cart for 6 months, and Luke never put clothes on today.
Oh he didn't mind and he has been very particular about what he wants on and when. We didn't have plans to go anywhere today, just dropping off and picking up kids in a car so no struggles with him he got to stay like this and play with the catapults like they were airplanes.
The only thing I wish I could do over is if I choose not to be super mom (which is allowed) than I should do something that I really want to do. Like all the projects I have swimming in my head or sit and read all day. Among all the time wasted today the kids still got their must do's done. (reading, math, and rooms picked up) Lilly was off to swim team and choir. Max and I played Pictureka while she was gone. Then Max went to his kid camp at 1. I made dinner at 4 and Lilly and I headed out to the backstroke meet at 5.
Here she is at the start.
and finsihing
and receiving her prized pink ribbon.
She hoped that she would swim slow today to earn 8th place to get a pink ribbon. Silly girl. I am so proud of her. Monday she came home from swim team insisting that she was not going to swim backstroke, it was too hard she couldn't do it. I suggested that I give her a few tips on Monday night. She agreed so we went over to the cousins pool and had little lesson. By the end of our swim she liked backstroke and was excited to try it out on Tuesday. When she came home on Tuesday she was so proud of herself that she could do it now. She has been only swimming backstroke for 3 days. I love her attitude that she hasn't given up. I have noticed that she has surprised herself a little and is proud of what she has learned to do.




3 comments:
Um, and how is that a wasted day? They read, did math, cleaned, swam, had activities, played with mom, had a homemade dinner, mom was there to support Lilly at her meet.
Sure they watched tv, sure Luke was contributing to less laundry this week, but you DID get a project done that you've been wanting to get finished up for 6 months. Not too bad of a day :)
I agree with Lynn. I had a wasted day yesterday, which seems significantly more wasteful now that I have read about yours :)
Yay Lilly!!!! Great shots, Momma!
Post a Comment