Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Easy Saturday

This Saturday was a day of down time, we didn't do a whole lot. Lilly woke up with a tummy ache at about 3 am and threw up twice that morning. So since she was sick, it was a day of movie watching. The kids watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang that we checked out from the library. This was the second time they watched and loved it. They sang the songs from it the rest of the day. While they were watching the movie Kevin went out to get the oil changed. When Kevin got home Lilly was feeling better and we deiced to proceed with our original plans to got to the Phoenix Art museum. I was able to get a culture pass for this week. They had a little section for children that was an hands on art room for kids to replicate Mexican art. Other that that Max isn't quite old enough to enjoy the museum the way that I hoped. We did see some cool reflections in the contemporary art section And Max's favorite, nails on the wall. His comment was "wow daddy, that a lot of hammering"
The exhibit they have now is of Mexican art. So I was delighted to see a few of Diego Rivera's pantings. We didn't stay long but it was nice to been in a air conditioned building and see something new.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

What a fun dino sculpture! I'll have to snag a culture pass for that museum. Looks fun.