Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just a few simple things

Weekend recap. We enjoyed the nice weather this weekend with some hiking and outside play. The kids got new/old soccer shoes from their aunt and wanted to put them on right away. They both thought they were pretty cool. The only bummer is I didn't plan to put them in soccer until the fall. We we have to have lots of family soccer games while the weather is good.

On Saturday we finally made it up to the wind caves for a hike. We have tired 2 other times but were unsuccessful. This time we made it. Both the kids made it all the way up. Lilly hiked the whole time and Max was carried down about half way. I love to hike. I'm so glad that we were able to enjoy it as a family.

Kevin and I got to go to a movie this weekend, such a treat. When we were dating and first married we went to the movies every week sometimes twice. We like are movies. Oh, but how things have changed. Here is a silly little picture of us before our night out. He is still a fun date.
Other weekend activities included, a great family dinner with friends, a tea party, fixing the kids bikes, a cookie party, a family slumber party, out for dinner and the boring house work stuff. We packed a lot in this weekend but we enjoyed spending time together most of all.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I think Chip and I average about 1 movie per year. Pretty sad, huh?

Mandy said...

Cute photo of you two! I'm with Erin, we only go to movies once or twice a year. :)

Kami said...

I agree with Erin, MAYBE one movie per year. Congrats!! I meant to tell you Sunday but never saw ya!

Lindsay said...

sounds like a great weekend. when you mentioned it included a tea party, my first thought was of the kind of tea parties that make the news now (well, fox news). i know you politically better than that though. glad you had a fun date too.